Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Payback

Well, I finally got the Pain Train to bet on a road race and it paid off. The pay up was at the Buck Mountain Mudslinger. Thank-you Run Wild Adventures for getting these pictures...I forgot my camera. During the race he sported the "I Love My Bump" T-shirt and the "Winner Winner Chicken Teriyaki Dinner" shorts. Pre and post-race he really pulled off the muumuu...people were starting to believe it was some type of new ultra running gear.









And I just had to recap for myself...this was my first win after four losses.

1) Lost a team bet on the Mt. Hood Scramble in 2008. Had to wear this at the Stayton 4th of July 10K that year.
2) Lost a bet on the Pain Train Challenge at Shellburg Falls in 2008. Had to wear this at the 2009 Cascade Half Marathon.
3) Lost a bet on the TOE 50K/Mt. Hood Scramble double in 2009. Had to wear this at the Stayton 4th of July 10K that year.
4) Lost a bet on the Shellburg Falls Trail Run in 2009. Had to wear this (sorry, the video is no longer available!) at the 2010 Cascade Half Marathon.

Finally winning was pretty sweet...when and where will there be a next bet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next bet shotgun.