Friday, September 11, 2009

So, You're Telling Me There's a Chance...

It's been quite a season for me in the Oregon Trail Series.

I had a pretty good Hagg Lake...I faded quite a bit in the end.
I had an OK Rumble...coming off a calf injury.
I had a disappointing PCT 50...story to come later.
And I had a DNF at Where's Waldo...coming off pneumonia.

Now with one race left to go, I still have an outside shot at winning the 30-39 age group. Gregory Smith is currently leading with 122.53 points and I've noticed he's not running McKenzie...so no chance to improve his point total. I'm currently at 95.13 points...27.4 points behind. As best I can tell, I would need to finish no more than 27 minutes behind the winner at McKenzie tomorrow to get the necessary points. Note to Todd Braje...if you're running tomorrow, please don't set a new course record!



There's no question that I'll have to run my best 50K...but it's just close enough to the realm of possibility that I'm going for it!

2 comments:

Darin Swanson said...

You looked strong out there to me so either way...good job!

Mike Rosling said...

Thanks, Darin...I ended up having a pretty good race, but definitely bit off more than I could chew.